Monday, September 12, 2011
Please Recommend and like this story
Many Facebook and Twitter accounts have been compromised and attacked by anonymous hackers, so it always safe to have a backup of your data. Some of the best ways to do so are been sorted out by the team.
A. Backup via Facebook
One of the most effective features that Facebook provides is to "Download a copy of your data" for an account.
Backup via Official site includes:
1. Any photos or videos you've shared on Facebook.
2. Your Wall posts, messages and chat conversations.
3. Your friends' names and some of their email addresses.
What's not included:
1. Your friends' photos and status updates.
2. Other people's personal info.
3. Comments you've made on other people's posts.
Steps to Follow:
1. Log in to your account, go to Account, click on "Account Settings".
2. Find the link at the bottom of the page of Account Settings
"Download a copy of your Facebook data", click on Download a copy. You will transit to page "Download Your Information"
3. Finally Click "Start My Archive".
An archive will be mailed to you email id, store the file in a secure place. Remember sometimes the mail gets delayed up-to 2 hours according to the size of the data.
"ArchiveFacebook is a free tool that allows you to save content from your Facebook account directly to your hard drive. Archive your photos, messages, activity stream, friends list, notes, events and groups."
What if your Facebook account has been hacked or disabled, try using this extension of Firefox.
Steps to follow:
1. First Install the Firefox add-on via the link mentioned below:
ArchiveFacebook Firefox Extension
2. Restart Firefox. This will add an "ArchiveFB" menu option to Firefox.
3. Log into your Facebook account using Firefox. After Facebook Account is opened select "ArchiveFB" then Archive from the main menu.
4. Wait until you your account is archived.
5. When completed, you can find your backup in ArchiveFB menu.
"SocialSafe has a free and paid version which you can use to export Facebook or Twitter data."
SocialSafe downloads and backs up your online social life to create a beautiful offline, private & searchable, digital journal
Watch the official video here:
Four versions are available for SocialSafe Free, Standard, Pro and Enterprise. Choose according to the features required.
Try for Free here:
"Every BackupMyTweets account comes with enough storage for thousands of tweets. Plus you can search and browse all of your tweets online anytime."
As soon as you sign up with BackupMyTweets, application will backup your existing tweets and check out tweets every day.
Try BackupMyTweets here:
Tweets bachup via BackupMyTweets
Share with your friends and spread awareness.
Please share your experience with us, post comments.
Prachi Desai, Aayush Jindal - Author of this post, TheWebCrunch
Add her to your Circles in Google+ - Prachi Desai